Brandworkers is Seeking a Development Coordinator
Position Title: Development Coordinator
Reports To: Community Engagement Manager, Winnie Zwick
Location: Remote with NYC experience preferred
Position Type: temporary full-time exempt position ending December 15, 2021
Salary: $47,000 – $52,000 annually
Benefits: flexible schedule, 5 paid holidays plus vacation, personal and sick time as needed, medical, dental, and vision insurance with Brandworkers covering premiums, 4% retirement savings match, health flexible spending account, cell phone bill reimbursement
Ideal Start Date: March 2021
Brandworkers is seeking a temporary full-time Development Coordinator to work with our Community Engagement Manager on fundraising and ally engagement initiatives for a nine-month period while our Director of Development is on leave. We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationship-building, are results-oriented, and take pride in keeping a team, its projects, and systems organized.
Brandworkers is an organization of food factory workers building a union with the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW). Founded in 2007, we believe that workers have the unique right and power to determine their destiny at work and contribute to transforming the larger society.
Brandworkers members are employed in the fast-growing local food manufacturing industry making and delivering a diverse array of specialty food products including artisan bread, seafood products, dumplings, hummus, and more. We organize by centering the leadership and prioritizing the demands of workers of color, particularly women including trans women, indigenous people, and immigrants.
Brandworkers development work is supporting food factory worker organizing by:
- Engaging our broader community as long-term donors and mobilizing them to support food factory worker organizing
- Providing a stable financial base for long-term organizing by increasing the number of donors and especially monthly donors to Brandworkers
- Raising funds from foundations with aligned missions
Fundraising Management & Operations 35%
- Use Brandworkers project management systems to coordinate projects and team with clear, and organized tasks and deadlines
- Recruit and organize volunteers to support fundraising through phonebanks, textbanks, and other outreach
- Create and organize materials and logistical support to assist staff in conducting meetings with donors
- Track progress toward goals to facilitate excellent community outreach and relationship building
Communications and Digital Organizing 30%
- Work with Campaign Coordinator, Community Engagement Manager, and consultants to meet organizational goals
- Draft and copy edit Brandworkers communications
- Use Brandworkers’ systems and platforms to send out and track results of fundraising and ally mobilization communications
Development Department Operations 25%
- Maintain complete and accurate institutional files and database records.
- Coordinate meetings and prepare effective team agendas
- Track and follow up on all donations, grants, and payments in the database and files, ensuring accurate capture of donor information and gift designations
- Prepare donation, payment, and ally mobilization reports in the database
- Complete routine website and fundraising platform integration maintenance and work with consultants as necessary to troubleshoot problems that arise
Grants Management 10%
- Maintain calendar and communicate with team to meet grant application and reporting deadlines
- Compile materials and submit grant applications and reports
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Interest in mobilizing community resources to support worker organizing
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Takes pride in keeping a team and its systems organized with attention to detail
- Effective written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time to meet deadlines
- Open to risk-taking in a supportive environment
- Experience with Salesforce or another database system
- Experience with Asana, Basecamp, or other project management system
- Comfort learning new tech platforms as needed
- Spanish fluency strongly preferred
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume in an email with Development Coordinator in the subject line to Winnie Zwick at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. You may contact Winnie Zwick if you have any questions.
Brandworkers strongly encourages applications from people of color, women, immigrants, indigenous people, LGBTQ people, and other traditionally oppressed communities.