Brandworkers Grant Writing Consultant – Scope of Work
Brandworkers is the first worker center led and operated by workers employed in the fast-growing local food manufacturing industry. Founded in 2007 and based in Queens, Brandworkers is winning life-changing campaigns for dignified jobs while developing a worker-led organizing model with far-reaching potential for labor movement renewal.
Brandworkers Development Department
Brandworkers’ Development Department enables donor and foundation allies to take a transcendent journey led by local food workers to a just food system and a new form of worker organization. By helping our partners achieve an extraordinary connection with our mission, Brandworkers earns the resources workers need to achieve lasting gains and industrial transformation.
As Brandworkers’ Grant Writing Consultant, you will be responsible for writing compelling grant proposal, reports, and other foundation-facing materials that reflect Brandworkers mission, culture, and programmatic work. Your work will ensure that our new and existing foundation partners have an amazing experience that inspires them to mission-supportive action.
Scope of Work
The consultant will be responsible for the following deliverables during the consulting period:
- Draft, develop, and revise/refine an average of four (4) proposals and/or reports per month. Completion of a work product typically involves one draft prepared by the consultant, followed by a Brandworkers review, and a final edit completed by the consultant. Brandworkers will be responsible for the final submission of grant materials to the corresponding funder.
- Participate in two (2) 1 hour conference calls per month.
- Participate in one (1) in-person strategy meeting per quarter to discuss foundation fundraising.
- Respond to all communications in a timely manner.
- At least three years grant writing experience.
- A proven, crystal clear alignment with working class communities of color.
- Ability to relate information and express goals in a variety of logical, compelling, and creative formats.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Well-developed, demonstrated practice of empathy with reader audiences.
- Ability to receive and integrate constructive feedback into work.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects to meet deadlines.
- Consistent delivery of high-quality, on-time work.
Expressions of Interest
Interested candidates should contact Michelle Flores, Director of Development, at email@example.com.
Brandworkers strongly encourages applications from people of color, women, immigrants, indigenous people, LGBT people, and other traditionally oppressed communities.