Brandworkers is Hiring a Part-Time Development Associate
Brandworkers is the first worker center led and operated by workers employed in the fast-growing local food manufacturing industry. Founded in 2007 and based in Queens, Brandworkers is winning life-changing campaigns for dignified jobs while developing a worker-led organizing model with far-reaching potential for labor movement renewal.
Through Brandworkers’ unique leadership development path and member-led campaigns, workers are transforming the local food sector industry-wide and validating the power of worker-led organizing. With a ten-year track record of learning and award-winning victories, our unchanging belief is that workers themselves have a unique ability and a unique right to lead dramatic change in the economy and in society.
Brandworkers Development Department
Brandworkers’ Development Department enables allies to take a transcendent journey led by local food workers to a just food system and a new form of worker organization. By helping allies achieve an extraordinary connection with its mission, Brandworkers earns the resources workers need to achieve lasting gains and industrial transformation.
As Brandworkers’ Development Associate your primary responsibility will be supporting the operations of the Development Department in the following areas of work: foundation fundraising, individual fundraising, and communications. Each area of work includes a significant data management component.
- Maintain a file management system for organizing all foundation fundraising materials, including templates, proposals and reports submitted, attachments, and any other necessary work products.
- Use Brandworkers’ project management platform to assign and execute tasks required to maintain Brandworkers’ foundation fundraising calendar and ensure that all internal and external deadlines are met.
- Draft emails and other materials as required to support the cultivation and stewardship of foundation partner relationships.
- Collaborate with the Development Team to define and measure success for our foundation fundraising area of work.
- With the support of the development team, research new foundation funding sources to identifying mission-aligned opportunities.
Individual Fundraising & Communications Support
- Work with development, communications, and program teams to maintain database records, lists, and reports across platforms to support Brandworkers mission.
- Collect, maintain, and update all donor and prospect information in Salesforce.
- Assist the development and program teams with scheduling and preparation for meetings and trips.
- Coordinate acknowledgment of gifts, including writing and mailing personalized acknowledgement letters.
- Work with the communications team to ensure that inspiring stories from our campaign work reach the relevant audiences.
- Collect and report data to support the success of the communications team.
- Respond to phone, email, and social media direct messages as appropriate.
In addition to these responsibilities, the Development Associate will be expected to participate in all-staff planning processes.
- A proven, crystal clear alignment with working class communities of color.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Well-developed, demonstrated practice of empathy with reader audiences.
- Ability to relate information and express goals in a variety of logical, compelling, and creative formats. Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to receive and integrate constructive feedback into work.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects to meet deadlines.
- Open to risk-taking in a supportive environment and willing to fail in the pursuit of effective solutions.
- Candid, welcoming of feedback, and ready to dissent when necessary.
- Eagerness to meet goals in an accountable environment and work within a team.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar database system.
- Experience with Asana, Basecamp, or similar project management system helpful.
- Experience with Adobe Suite a plus.
- Spanish fluency preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Brandworkers welcomes applications from people with a variety of experience levels and educational backgrounds. Hourly pay is $18-20/hour based on experience. Schedule is 25 hours per week, Tuesday-Thurs 10am-4pm, and Friday 10am-5pm.
To apply, please send a meaningful cover letter, resume, and short (<1000 words) writing sample as a single pdf attachment with the file name DA2018 [Your Surname] to Michelle Flores, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The body of your cover letter should not exceed 600 words.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applications received by April 30 will have the best chance for success.
Brandworkers strongly encourages applications from people of color, women, immigrants, indigenous people, LGBTQ people, and other traditionally oppressed communities.