We're Hiring a Development Director!
Brandworkers has an opening for a Development Director!
Brandworkers is the first worker center led by the factory workers behind the soaring local food industry. Brandworkers members, mostly immigrant workers of color, are developing a new and innovative form of workplace association to achieve dignified jobs and a just local food system.
Through Brandworkers' unique leadership development path and member-led campaigns, workers are transforming the local food sector industry-wide and validating the power of organizing from below. Now with a nine-year track record of learning and award-winning victories, our unchanging belief is that workers themselves have a unique ability and a unique right to lead dramatic change in the economy and in society.
- Under the direction of members, serve as staff leader of Brandworkers’ development function
- Ensure Brandworkers’ Development Department achieves its purpose of enabling allies to closely accompany workers on the path to dignified jobs and a just food system
- Serve as chief advocate for the ally experience within the Brandworkers community
- Own ambitious growth goals for critical development metrics including the quality of the ally experience and revenue
- Aggressively experiment, document lessons learned, and act on learnings to add breakthrough value to the ally experience and to deliver the resources that workers need to win
- Build new fundraising initiatives and grow Brandworkers existing fundraising campaigns including the May Day Campaign and Awards Dinner
- Provide leadership, supervision, and coaching to ensure the success of Brandworkers’ Development staff and consultants
- Ensure superb stewardship of Brandworkers’ foundation partners and earn new mission-aligned funders
- Help Brandworkers explore disruptive technological solutions to the problems facing social justice resource acquisition
- At least five years of experience delivering world-class results in non-profit development work
- Demonstrated ability to express Brandworkers members first always, commitment to victory culture
- Track record of experimentation, appetite for risk-taking, and comfort with failing in the pursuit of dramatically new solutions
- Capacity to blend vision and strategy with disciplined, seamless execution
- A proven, crystal clear alignment with working class communities of color
- Project management expertise, you deliver on-time and at the high quality level that members deserve
- You are candid, relish feedback, feel obligated to dissent when necessary, thrive in accountable environments, and genuinely love working with a team
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Fully-paid health and dental benefits. Participation in Brandworkers’ retirement program. Generous vacation and professional development policies. Platform to fully lead, to create, and to express your movement contribution.
Please send a meaningful cover letter and your resume to jobs [at] brandworkers.org. Applications accepted on rolling basis.
Brandworkers strongly encourages applications from people of color, women, immigrants, indigenous people, LGBT people, and other traditionally oppressed communities.