Senior Development Associate
New York City, New York
At Brandworkers, we believe that marginalized workers are uniquely positioned to change their workplaces through solidarity, direct action, and worker-led unionism. That’s why we’re working to build an organization of food manufacturing workers in New York City with the power to transform our society. We’re building a dynamic and passionate team here, and we’d like you to join us as a full time Senior Development Associate.
As the Senior Development Associate, you will collaborate with workers to build a worker-led and operated union with the Industrial Workers of the World. As a valued member of our team at Brandworkers, you will work side-by side with worker leaders, organizers, campaigners, fundraisers, community allies, and the executive director to support our vision for worker power across the five boroughs of New York City.
What you’ll do:
- Be one of the organization’s principal ambassadors, building trusting and mutually supportive relationships between the membership, staff, major organizational funding allies, and prospective donors.
- Support Brandworkers members organizing in their shops by helping develop, strategize, lead and execute the organization’s fundraising campaigns and activities.
- Train & coach members, staff, board and allies to be ambassadors for the organization
Reach out to us if:
- You’re passionate about the labor movement.
- You’re determined, you love feedback, and you are committed to improvement.
- You have an eye for details, great organization and communication skills, and get excited about the day-to-day care needed to run an effective fundraising campaign.
- You lead through listening. You inspire people by equipping them with the tools they need to be successful, and you are inspired by seeing them succeed.
- You’re accountable to the communities you work in/with and are committed to the principles of racial and gender justice.
- You are fluent in English and Spanish.
We’re based out of Long Island City, but we’re all mostly working remotely. We expect that this position will largely be remote, with some in person meetings.
At Brandworkers, we’re growing our skills together to make a real change in the U.S. labor movement. We’re also dedicated to making labor movement jobs sustainable. Brandworkers encourages applications from people of color, women, immigrants, indigenous people, LGBTQ+ people, and other oppressed communities.
We are open to people coming from a variety of backgrounds for this role. We’d love to talk to you if you have some background leading a team. We’d also love to talk to you if you have a track record of raising money. This job has a starting salary ranging from $60,000 – $64,000. Brandworkers provides fully-paid health and dental benefits, as well as participation in our retirement program. We also offer generous vacation and professional development policies, a pre-tax commuter and health savings benefit, cell phone reimbursement, and a sabbatical policy.
To apply, please send us a cover letter and your resume to jobs [at] brandworkers.org. Please include your pronouns. We’d love to hear from you.